Sunday, June 11, 2017

My Dream Reading Nook

Hey all! 


I was recently contacted by Arhaus, a company that specializes in living room furniture company. At first, I thought it was a little strange, but then I realized that they wanted me to write about what my dream reading nook would look like, and I didn't hesitate - of course, I would do a post about that! 





Now, I thought about this for a while. I love reading, obviously, but I also love astronomy! So my dream reading corner would be full of stars, pillows, and lights! 



So the first thing any nice reading nook needs is - obviously - a comfy place to sit or lay down. One thing that I love, and that seems to be most people's dream, is the idea of a window seat with loads of pillows! Something maybe like this:




Something with soft colors and a cozy blanket. I can also imagine fairy lights hanging around, as well as maybe a lamp on the wall to read at night, like these:




I'm loving this so far! Let's see, what else is important for a reading nook? Aah, throw pillows! Now, Evie @eviebookish has some AMAZING bookish designs, based on all kinds of stories! But, Redbubble and Etsy also have all kinds of pillows that could fit! 



I decided I would go for some star/space themed pillows to go with my astronomy obsession, so here's a small selection of those,




Now for the actual bookshelf. I'm not sure I'd want a whole shelf in my reading nook - maybe a small shelf with a few favorites, decorative items, a spot for bookmarks, etc. I wouldn't want to get distracted from the book I'm reading, you know? So I'd probably go with something like this: 




I loooove these tree -shelf designs! You can keep all kinds of things on it - pretty YA books, astronomy books, cute tea cups, music... oh how I'd love to have this in my room! Maybe one day? 



Next you need a little table to put your book down on, or a glass of water or something, so here's something cute! 





Then, you need some cute prints! Here are some of my favorite star-quotes! 




- "Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning" - Peter Pan

- "Let's go rattle the Stars" - SJ Maas
- "My Thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations" - The Fault in our Stars, by John Green
- "To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered" - SJ Maas
- "I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night" - Galileo 


You could even set up a mix of everything and have an 'exploration' corner like this! 




Next, you need candles! I'm a candle nerd (is that even a thing?) I am still a rep for Nox to Lumos Candle co, where you can find amazing home-made soy candles! (If you're interested in getting some, you can get a discount by using CAROLINE20 at checkout!) 

So I've had the opportunity to try out a lot of candles by her, and they each have their own unique personality to them. Yes, they have personality. I made one called 'My Bookish Corner' that smells like, tea, vanilla, rain and parchment, which I love! But, to keep the theme going, I decided that this Night Court candle might be better! 



Yep this is my photo of my candle! Love fairy lights, and this candle smells amazing! (@Justanotherbookishblog on insta)



And finally, no reading nook is complete without the last essential - tea! My personal favorite is caramel-vanilla-apple rooibos tea, but there are so many to choose from! So a nice selection box would be amazing! 





So overall, I guess this would be my style board! 





What would you guys have in your dream reading corner? Do you think I missed out on anything at all? Let me know! 



Have a great day! 

Stay bookish! 


2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH THIS IS PERFECT!!!!
    I love stars too, and would definitely incorporate it into my dream reading nook. Fairy lights would be everywhere for mine! Actually, now that I think about it, mine would be practically be the same as yours, plus or minus a few things. I absolutely love this! You have great taste, Caroline! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks a lot Erika! :D You should do one of these, it was a lot of fun to write!

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!