Saturday, June 20, 2015

Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas


LKDS;FAJSD FJDS,FD,C FEWTIOE TFGIAG JFDJ'DAFJIOGOPNE G!!!!! 

And now in English =p

THIS BOOK WAS JUST FILLED WITH SO MANY WOW'S AND WHAT'S AND WHERE IS THIS EVEN GOING'S AND HOW AMAZING WAS THIS'S?!?!?

I loved loved LOVED IT!!!! 

~OoO~  <- little dancing surprised thing =p 

I'll break this review into parts, for my own organization and convenience. Otherwise, this entire review will look like the gibberish I wrote above =p 

AS PER USUAL THE SPOILERS WILL BE IN PURPLE!

1. The Competition 
I love how some of the Tests are almost insultingly easy for Celaena, whilst others were uber dangerous and hard to get through safely. 

My favorite test was DEFINITELY  the castle-climbing one! She tries so hard to beat Cain, and then, when she sees Nox might die, she FREAKING JUMPS OFF THE WALL, FALLING DOWN TO SAVE HIM!!!! I just thought this part was so epic!!! 

2. The Love... um... shape? 
I can't really call this a triangle. She liked Dorian, Dorian liked her. Done, plain, and (mostly) simple. But, towards the end, it is ADORABLE how quietly jealous Chaol is! But yeah can't really call it a triangle, cause it was more like a love line with an outlier (poor outlier though... /: ) BUT I'm looking forward to seeing how that all plays out in book 2... which I'll only get in July... let the waiting begin, eh? (BTW for those of you who might ask, I do ship Celaena and Dorian, for now ;) ) 

3. The World
Um can I go there on vacation or something??? Please?! Nah but I love it! The countries are all distinct and unique... (Man it's hard to do this without spoilers!!) It's a really great world! 

AND THERE ARE FAIRIES AND FAE AND SHE CAN TALK TO DEAD SPIRITS THAT HELP HER AND ITS SO COOL!!! I dunno about you, but during the final duel, when all the spirits were around, it made me think of Aragorn's ghost army in Return of the King O-O I absolutely LOVED the idea of the Wyrdmarks, which kind of reminded me of the marks in The Mortal Instruments, except, well, the people in the Shadowworld know what all of their marks mean =p 

4. The Mystery 
I'm so sorry this all has to be hidden >.< But you really don't want such a spoiler to just appear out of nowhere if you are planning to read this!! But what I can say is that the mystery was incorporated super well with the rest of what was happening in the story! Even though all of these things were happening on the side, the main storyline really was written in such a way that what was happening there made sense with what was happening on the side!  

I KNEW IT WAS CAIN!!!!!! Ghehehee ^^ But the deaths were SO gruesome and gory and just the way they died is awful! And then that deamon thing was terrifying! And the whole secret tunnel thing with the old queen and the tomb was awesome!! and Celaena is such a cool protagonist, kicking demon butt like that!!

Weew this is getting looooong!! I'll just end by saying that I can't wait to get the second book!!! This was so fun and addicting to read!! 

Two final words for this book: 
<>

I gave this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads! (duh) 
This book completed my 'First book by a popular author' goal! (These goals are getting so specific I don't now how I can complete them all!! D: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!